Thursday, September 30, 2010

Pressure

I am feeling an unnecessary amount of pressure to post to this blog for fear that if I don't I will be shunned from the family. I have an incredibly busy week, have already taken 2 tests and have 1 left. Hence, in order to have the time to post I am doing it in my Adolescence class. I am taking away from my education to give you the gossip people, if that is not dedication, I don't know what is.

I would like to comment in three areas of my life:

1. I am a TA for statistics this semester. This is kind of funny b/c both Amy and Blaine are in the class right now, and I have already helped Amy a few times. I also have two other friends, who in reality are better friends with Ty, that are taking the class. One of them is Ty's roommate and former mission companion Brian. There was a test this week (poor Amy and Blaine) and I helped Brian understand a few last minute things so he would feel ready to take it. He told me last night he got a 95 and that my help really made a difference! Music to my ears -- apparently I actually do know my stuff even though sometimes I feel rusty. Anyway, I am enjoying it, aside from the 50 million assignments I have to grade sometimes. It is money though, so I cannot complain. I also just picked up a kid to tutor once a week for $13 an hour. Bank.

2. All I am going to say, is Ty is a great guy and we have a lot of fun, but we have our differences and I am not so sure he is for me anymore. This leaves me with the fear that I will possibly be back at square one soon and will not get married until I am 26 or 27. This fills me with much anxiety because all I have ever wanted to be is a mom with cute babies. This leads to more anxiety because....

3. I am supposed to graduate in April in psychology. I know I have probably told all of you that the next step for me is grad school. Lets be real though people -- word on the street is grad school is really intense and I don't know that I am that intense. I know I get good grades at BYU but it is like a totally different ball game when you are in grad school. Plus, I never anticipate being a big career woman anyway. Again, I reiterate, I just want to be a mom with cute babies. Now if I had my way, I would graduate in April in psychology and get married immediately to some hunk of a guy who is a bit older and already making bank so that I can start popping the babies out. Well the clock is ticking, and seeing as Ty is probably not the one, I don't anticipate this happening. So now what??? I am hoping to get a second degree in elementary education to prolong my time at BYU -- I mean, lets be real, where else am I going to find my husband??

It will be interesting to see what goes in these next few months and years for me -- it is very unknown right now. Creepy.



This is me in Idaho this past weekend at Silver City (a ghost town) contemplating my life.

One last thing: should I put blonde highlights in my hair? I am considering it, but would appreciate some opinions.

Peace out.

--Megan

2 comments:

  1. Meg,
    Until you are content being single you are not ready to get married. Don't let some of the best years of your life pass you by because you haven't found "the one." Enjoy college and develop your talents. Getting married doesn't solve all of life's problems. Prepare to be independent and support yourself because that is attractive to most guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw Josh! I needed to hear that too. MEG! I completely feel you 110 percent. I wish I was in Provo to give you a huge hug right now. My fear isn't being not married as a graduate this coming December, but I feel like I'll need to go back to school for another degree because my degree is just SO basic and broad. I was literally in tears with mom today feeling more than stressed!! I know I'll be working in January, but I'm almost questioning what to even do with my degree!!! It's not a fun feeling at all. I wish I could call you right now, you don't even know how much we similar we are in where we stand in life right now.

    Nonetheless- I love you so much! "I gotta a feeling..." ; ) Tonight's gonna be a good night.

    ReplyDelete