Monday, March 21, 2011

Its been awhile.

Its been awhile since i have visited this blog. It was sad for me that people said they would post and continue the fun and then didn't. So i stopped caring. But i still love the initial idea of the blog (and am putting off studying) so here i am to give an update.

Time is flying past. It is really freaking me out. Unbeknownst to some of you, for the last year i have been considering going on a mission. For the past year, my life and thought process has stopped in March. I have known i would put my papers in, in march. The end. April wasn't a reality. At work we have to turn in our "time off sheet" by the 15th of the month for the following month. I completely forgot to do it because i haven't even considered the fact that April is only two weeks away and it is fast approaching. It is scaring me. I love my life right now and am not ready for it to change. I love my roommates, my ward, my social life, my job, pretty much everything.

My papers still aren't in yet but they should be by April. I am ready to have it taken care of but at the same time i need my world to stop so i can just relax and stop stressing about my future. Its a lot to handle.

Also i am really trying to pull my grades up. I have never really considered it before, but i might want to go to grad school. I don't want my lack of focus and laziness to prevent me from furthering my education. The most frustrating thing about it is that when i do try i get A's and B's and C's and when i don't try i get A's and B's and C's.  I have studied really hard for three tests this past month and i pretty much did just as bad as if i hadn't studied. It is very annoying. I like my classes and for the most part I like my teachers, but i hate their tests. In fact, even writing about it is making me mad so i better move on.

I really love my job. I have good days and bad days but i never dread going to work. i have formed bonds with my residents and look forward to seeing them and helping them. There is always an adventure to have.  Yes, i get poop and piss on me, and clean up throw up and bodily fluids no one would really want to touch. And i get yelled at and cursed at and stress about blood pressures and oxygen levels. But these are real people with real stories and i love them! and i have great co-workers which also helps make it that much more fun and fulfilling. I know that whatever i do in life, it will have to revolve around working with people because there is no way  i could work at a desk or in a store. My job is way more fun.

 Anyway, this is kind of a pish-posh post but it is what is on my mind. Mission= scary, school=ehhh, life= good. Love you all. Post if you feel so inclined.

3 comments:

  1. Can I object to the new picture at the top of the blog?? It is great, except that Ty is in it...... I would rather not look at him if it can be avoided

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post. I liked that you told us everything about your life. It sounds like everything is in good order and really quite good. Anxious to see all of you at Jill's graduation. Wow another graduation!!

    ReplyDelete