Sunday, November 28, 2010

A Simple Man, A Single Man

***This was illegally posted. It was a draft written by Blaine that he felt was too boring to post. I took the liberty of putting it up for him. He can remove it if he feels so inclined

Sooooo........I felt really compelled to post as well, seeing as I've had some interesting things happen to me.

First, as the title of this post indicates, I am now a single man. Am I happy about that? Well, it's tough to say. There's definitely been a wide range of emotions associated with the breakup, but at the end of the day I think it was for the best.

On a marginally more cheery note, I was actively involved in these past midterm elections. See, at the beginning of the semester I very casually put my name on an email list for the BYU Democrats, and when I got an email for the first meeting I figured why not check it out? Since that first meeting I've become actively involved in the group and was even able to have all expenses paid trips to St. George and Las Vegas to do campaign work. Both trips were super fun and I was able to meet some of the very few Democrats who live out here. Needless to say, most of the work I did was in vain, seeing as Republicans pretty much dominated the elections, but I was able to work for (and shake hands with) Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid. So that's cool I guess.

Last but not least, my roommate, Trace Marriott (not one of THE Marriotts, but a relative. I have yet to seek deals on hotel fees, but it's on my to-do list) recently got his call to Argentina (Neuquen? I think? It's somewhere in southern Argentina) which means two things: He is now preparing for one of the most spiritually powerful experiences of his life; and, I'm going to get a new roommate. Am I totally bummed about this? Yes I am. Trace and I get along super well, he and our other roommate have had some really good times together (who, as a side note, is a 50 year old Baptist Korean whose wife and 2 children are still in Korea. Beat that) so I'm pretty irked that he'll be leaving.

3 comments:

  1. Give us the rest Blaine!!!! Give us the rest!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait.....the rest? And illegally posting is pretty shady if you ask me. I'm just sayin

    Blaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seemed to be an incomplete post... just sayin

    ReplyDelete