Monday, December 13, 2010

A Legitimate Post From Blaine

Sorry about my last post, but you know how it is. You write something up, you think it's so cool, and then you read it to yourself and you're like, "This is dumb." So you never post it. So then Amy does.

Anyway, I thought in the spirit of keeping the blog alive I would give an update and strongly encourage any and all members of the family to do the same, no matter how boring their lives might be (don't think your life is boring? Prove me wrong! POST!)

Things are really great out here in Provo. Finals have just barely started and while I am a bit nervous, I have full confidence that whether I do well or poorly, my parents will still love me (right, Mom?) The biggest news on that front is that both Amy and I passed our Stat Final. For those out here in the west, expect a party to celebrate this monumental achievement.

School aside, my social life has sprouted from the dormant seed of the past to the blossoming flower of the present. I've been chillin with my roommate Trace, making friends left and right, and perhaps most surprisingly of all, going on dates. It turns out the girls here are super nice and not as psychopathic as they may initially seem. As a matter of fact, this one girl Tiffany, who some had the privilege of meeting at our extremely successful family Christmas party, has in particular caught my interest. Realistically, nothing will happen, but being realistic is stupid. So, as one gossiper to another, I ask: Should I pursue something? Is that unwise with a mission in the near future? Is it better to stay friends or try to make something happen? Mind you, she's never dated seriously or even kissed a boy before! Do I have the audacity to take her lip virginity? Only time will tell.......

The only other really noteworthy thing was the Costa Rica trip that I, Amy, the young Whitmores, and the Jensens went on together. A splendid time was had by all. We did all sorts of crazy stuff like zip lining, hiking through the rain forest, crawling through flooded caves, and waking up before 7 am. A Costa Rica video is currently in the works, but for now I'll just post some pictures. Credit for these photos goes entirely to Samantha.











Please note that Grandma went zip lining. Be sure to mention it when you see her next.

Anyway, that's all I've got. I'm looking forward to reading everyone else's posts! Ta ta for now!

3 comments:

  1. Haha..I love that you put the part about mentioning to Gram how she zip lined! I'll be sure to do so on Thursday! See you Wednesday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bahaha... I second Jess, I was thinking the same thing when I read it! Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Post! And I thought the Grandma thing was funny too!

    As for the lady friend Blaine I'd say follow your heart hahahaha

    ReplyDelete