Sunday, October 10, 2010

Life of Amy.

I decided i should post because i am a nazi about others posting. Its not gossip filled but whatev.
I am in 14 credits at school. Easily the worst class i have is stats. I hate it. It will ruin my life. When i am not in class, i try to forget i am taking it so i can still be happy. Blaine has already started carrying me through that class. I might have to resort to getting a tutor but i hate the class so much i don't even want to pay it that respect of caring about it. Such a dilemma.
My CNA (certified nursing assistant) job is great experience for when i come a mom. For instance, i clean up HUGE bowel movements on 2-300 pound people. It can take up to a half an hour and gets everywhere!! When i get to do that for a 8 pound baby, it will be a breeze. I also move these 2-300 pound people from their wheelchairs to their beds. Also, much easier when done with a baby. I shower these people, feed them, try and understand their gibberish ( i am getting good at understanding people without teeth), put them in bed at 7pm, and wake them up at 6am....all things i will do with a much smaller human being and therefore its great experience for the future. As gross as it sounds, I enjoy my job. I work eight hour shifts but i never have a moment to sit around and be bored. I constantly have something to do. It goes by quick.
When i am not at work or at school, i spent a lot of my free time with my gang, Bryn and Blaine. "Two B's and an A" is what we are considering going by. Feel free to drop any better suggestions. We have a meeting spot at school for mondays and fridays, have an exclusive weekly dessert club (which ill post about another time) and pretty much don't do anything without informing each other. We have a strict rule that if a boy/girl social opportunity comes along, we should take it and cannot be mad at each other for ditching. We are trying to get married here so we support each other in dating. A lot of people think its weird how much i chill with the family, but we are BFForever and ever!! honestly, i don't know what i would do without the gang. we're legit.
My roommates are tight. They are the first ones i truly talk to/ get along with. They know when to give me my space but also be there for me. I love it. We are have a roommate date in a couple weeks (we hang out all the time at our place but we have a full day planned in SLC). They are both seniors. We are all very different from one another but it works out well.
overall i am very happy.
the end.

6 comments:

  1. haha.....great post. Stats definitely sucks, no doubt about that.

    Oh, and I think our gang should be called "The BAMFs" (Bryn, Amy, and The Man.....Forever)

    Of course, it's not a perfect name....it's still a work in progress.

    I'll keep you posted.

    Blaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the name Blaine. Lets keep it.

    -Bryn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy! I know exactly how you feel about those old people. I worked at the nursing home this weekend! And you are right it is great training for children! When I have to wake them up in the morning I always think, "It's okay this is good training for waking grouchy teenagers up for seminary." Also. I have to take Stats next semester. Your post is making me nervous!! Dessert night sounds so fun! I hope your semester continues to go well! It was good talking with you on the phone! Perhaps we will see you in a couple of weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved reading your post,,,,so glad you like your job and roommates. I also love clubs and naming them is even better....go bamfs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you guys know what BAMF means? Did we already discuss this?

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahaha..love josh's comment! i'm pretty sure they know what BAMF means!
    -jess

    ReplyDelete